Keeping your skin from drying out during the winter can be a challenge. Taking care of your dry skin in the winter can be much more difficult than in the summer, which can cause issues.. especially for those of y’all who do not know the simple tips and tricks! Enjoy some below and I hope that these can be of some use!
- Put on your face moisturizer as soon as you get out of the shower and 5 minutes before putting on any face makeup.
- Use Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer directly after your shower.
- Moisturize your entire body before bed.
- Wash your face with luke-warm water to make sure that the cold water is not drying it out. Super warm water can cause your pores to open and let bacteria in.
- Try an overnight face mask! These can work wonders especially if your face tends to be drier than the rest of your body. Ulta or Sephora both have plenty of options.
- Use fragrance free cleansers and moisturizers. This help keep your skin from the products that are less focused on effect and more focused on smell/ packaging.
- Eating well! No matter what month, this is always proven to keep your skin clearer and healthier. If you do not enjoy healthy eating, still try and stay away from greasier foods.
- Use a humidifier to help air quality and moisturize within your house or room.
- Drinking more water will always help replenish and nourish your skin.
- If you have one specific dry patch, try using a gentle Vaseline on it overnight.
- Never use a thick lather of cleanser because this can also dry out skin. Try a thin lather and make sure to moisturize directly after.
- Limit Exfoliation to when it is needed. Recommended 1-2 times a week.
I hope that y’all enjoyed these!