Staying organized is the only way that I could get through my busy day to day life. When I wake up in the morning, I make my bed and get dressed with the outfit I put out the night before. My key to staying organized is finding cute planners, to do list, and weekly “to do white boards” to try and keep me motivated to do it. I try to plan my workouts the Sunday before I start my week to help keep myself accountable. Also, making time for myself is a lot easier when I know when I am working, babysitting, or have prior commitments after school, several days ahead. Meal Prepping or at least planning out what you are going to eat can also be very, helpful.
What I use on a Daily Basis to stay organized:
- Erin Condren Planner
- Colored Coded Tassel Paper Clips for every Class to keep in my Homework folder
- Monogram Everything (making it personalized and yours can make you want to keep it neater !)
- Keep a Weekly to-do List
- Keep a Daily to-do List
- Keep a Weekly “What you’re doing today” List hung up somewhere in your room as a constant reminder (I use a white board).
- Daily reminders on my phone to remind me of tasks or items I need to check off that I might possibly forget because it is such a repeated action.
Tips to Stay Organized:
- Check your email multiple times a day.
- Check your agenda before you go to bed at night to make sure that you’ve completed everything for the day. In the morning, you will never be frantically trying to complete something.
- Plan your workouts or appointments for the week on the Sunday before so that you have your full week planned out ahead of time.
- Set aside time for yourself, and your family and friends, during your week so that you feel less overwhelmed.
- Make sure your room is clean, your laundry is done, and any chores you have to do are done before going to sleep. You will wake up only focused on the day ahead of you, not what you still need to do from yesterday. Cleaner room means a clearer mind.
- Stay on top of your school work and don’t waste the time that you do have (free time, study hall, a lunch break, etc.) being on your phone or laptop until you get everything done. It will be a lot more relieving when you have finished everything and then can enjoy yourself.
- DON’T PROCRASTINATE!! Never makes anything better:)
- Ask for help when you need it, you would be surprised how many people are willing to help you.
Although this might be boring to you, I am a huge organizational geek and always looking for new ways to stay organized… if you have any tips then send them my way!